need for advice after setting option "unique item" to no

16 years 8 months ago - 16 years 8 months ago #1979 by wadzaloo
Hi all,

Sorry if the subject was already treated but i did not find it... Here is my concern and i know i am guilty  ::)

During a short period (maybe 2 weeks) i have let the option "unique item" set to "yes" and bots (Google...) have catched a huge number of friendly URL with the date&ID append.

i have set the option to "no" till 1 month now but theses URL's are still in Google database and i
get a lot of 404 logs due to no more valid URL

The good one video-guitare/gods-club/stairway-to-heaven-stanley-jordan/
The wrong one (no more valid): video-guitare/gods-club/stairway-to-heaven-stanley-jordan-20070701451/

I have tried to find all theses wrong URL's through the diagnostic tools of Google to cancel them but unfortunatly theses are not identified in the list.

Please, if you have some advice to improve the situation (trick to redirect, barrier in .htaccess...) - Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #1983 by Saka
You can setup a 301 redirect in .htaccess but don't ask me for exact command, it would take some time and testing. I suggest you consult Apache mod_rewrite tutorials on net.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 8 months ago #1984 by wadzaloo
Yes, you are right as it is not really a Sef Advance stuff  i will find the trick with 301 redirections on another place ;)
thank you

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch