Severe alias issues with 5.5.5

16 years 7 months ago #2061 by thoeri
I cleared the mos_session database. No difference unfortunately!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2062 by thoeri
Hi Emir

I can confirm now that this has nothing to do with SEF Advanced. When there was no vistors I uninstalled it. The problem remained. So I must have missed transfer of a file or a database table. This is not your thing - but if you know what files or tables that are involved in this issue, please give me clue on where to start looking. I know that you probably know Joomla better than anyone else.

Cheers,
Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago #2063 by Saka
All I can think off is includes/joomla.php which handles the login and then session and users table together with cookies saved in your browser.
It's best that you overwrite all core files with a fresh copy of Joomla.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2064 by thoeri
Hi Emir

Thank you very much for the great support! I appreciate this. I think you should delete this thread so potential buyers won't get frighten from the title.

I noticed that suddenly the Session directory is unwritable. I checked Permissions under System info. Then I checked the tmp folder in my root. It was 755 as it should. But then I looked at the php configuration and it says Session save_path  No value. I know that this folder has been writable before so either the web host made some unfortunate changes or this happened when i ugraded my site (don't see how that would be possible though). But I am not sure thats the cause for the issue. But I sure hope so. And by the way, one are correctly logged in and logged out. It is just the module that does npt show correct. With a SHIFT + refresh the the module shosw right (and the rest of the info on the page is correct).

So this could not be an issue of SEF ADVANCED. And while I am at it - I must say that I am so happy to choose that from the start. I was the perfect choice to go with. Now I am just hoping for a solution for the swedish characters in the poll and a working extension for FireBoard.  Will it be announced on your site when an update is made?

Cheers,
Thomas.

PS Also hope you will make an extension for PonyGallery ML 2.4. It's the best image gallery for Joomla when users are supposed to be able to upload pictures. Rock solid and with great features and modules.

16 years 7 months ago #2081 by Saka
There you got it. :)

Yes, the major updates will be announced, you can watch the site or RSS feed.

Will see about extension for Pony Gallery, there are some other priorities emerging right now.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch