Poll not working with SEF Advance

16 years 7 months ago #2035 by thoeri
Hi Emir

I told you before about the poll but now I have confirmed it. The poll works perfect on two sites without SEF advanced on. But turning SEF advanced on it does not. The visitor is taken to a blank page after voting. To see result the visitor has to click View Result after polling. I am positivly sure that this is an issue of SEF Advanced.

Can you try to fix this in the next release please? Hope that that and the other issue I just wrote about (issues with aliases) will be fixed very soon and that there will be a new release very soon.

Cheers and regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2049 by Saka
Polls work fine on my test site.
Can you give some more info, possibly an URL?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #2052 by thoeri
Hi again

Yes the URL is: www.tastebud.se . You need to pass the folder protection which is:

Try voting and you'll see a "blank" page. When I turn off SEF advanced from config in the same, the poll works perfect. I run another site and the problem is also the same there.

Cheers,
Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago #2054 by thoeri
Hi

I noticed something weird now. Since you thought I used Poll xtd I thoght you msu have gotten that idea from somewhere. So I cheched the sourcecode:
<form name="pollxtd1" method="post" action="http://www.tastebud.se/poll/">

xtd is mentioned there. I do not know if that is Joomla original or if that is acually refering to Pollxtd. The component is for sure 100 % joomla original. I never even had it installed on this site. I used it on another site like two years ago, and I did not like it. It was very buggy and then I saw security issues relating to that component, so I never had any intention to use it again.

Cheers,
Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago #2055 by Saka
I saw you use the standard module, I was wrong, xtd is only the css extension.

Could you try changing the poll question to something without swedish chars and without question mark to see if that's problem?

Change it to "Vilken drink gillar du"

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2057 by thoeri
Hi

Then it does work, I think. because then I get the text. "You have already voted today".
But this used to work with SEF Advanced befor. This issue started like half a year ago. I ran my other site for more than two years and it always worked, also with SEF Advanced. But the after an upgrade I started seeing this issue.

Thoeri

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch