different url:s get to have the same alias

16 years 7 months ago #2125 by thoeri
Hi Emir

I have a strange behaviour with SEF Advanced. In my topmenu I have some links that I want to use with an alias to get better SEO. See this list:
1 index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=1910    startsida_gravid 
2  index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=1958    startsida_bebis 
3  index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0&Itemid=1959    startsida_barn

But when I publish these aliases the links get the same URL. /startsida_barn

So, at the moment I have to keep them unpublished. I do not have anything in the trash (I know that can create conflict). And I do not have any copies of these links elsewhere in this or any other menu (also can create conflicts sometime). The links do not contain aný other letters than a - z. I do not have cache on. But will as soon as I can get this to work.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2126 by Saka
Those are all same URLs:
index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=0
only the Itemid is different.

Thus they should have the same alias.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2127 by thoeri
Hi again

I just re-launched my site. I have been working on a clone site at a different URL. When I was satisfied I transfered all the files and the database tables to my live site. And on the other site these aliases works perfect! It is the same URL uses on my live site. The id always get id=0 when blogging more than one category in a section.

The only difference I am aware of is that the clone site uses an earlier version of SEF advanced.

/Thoeri

16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #2130 by Saka
Yes, I changed this alias behavior in new version because users requested it since a single link can have different Itemid:s and you don't have to enter each one separately.

But you are right, in case of multiple blog sections/categories Itemid separates them. I will fix it together with the poll and will be ready for the new version.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 7 months ago #2132 by thoeri
You are just the best ever!!!

16 years 7 months ago #2135 by Saka
Fixed in 5.5.7.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch