Working with Trial - General Question

16 years 7 months ago #2226 by Saka
I think you should let the spiders crawl it without submitting again. And make sure you activate the option in SEF Advance to redirect the old-style URLs to advanced ones.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #2240 by musiczineguy
How timely this has all become!

I suddenly find that I have slipped HUGELY with Google.  I believe I am being penalized for many of my pages having duplicate content.  This duplicate content, I'm convinced, is due to some changes I made to the menus on my site in the last week or so.

Am I correct in my assumption that SEF Advance will alleviate this duplicate content problem (other SEF products make this claim) and that using the 301 redirects will deprecate the multiple content problem in Google eventually? 

I really want to get this Google issue behind me!  I'm losing a lot of traffic because of it.

16 years 7 months ago #2243 by Saka
If you used core SEF (built-in SEF) then all old URLs will get redirected to new ones. And there will be no duplicate content.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago #2260 by musiczineguy
I didn't use Core SEF, so I don't think there was any redirection.  Now that I am using your product however it appears that everything is redirecting just as I want it to.

And, the next morning after writing the previous post (before google really had had a chance to even start re-indexing the site with the new URLs, my google page rank came back to the way it was before.. go figure!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch