Sitemaps

16 years 6 months ago #2282 by jgarrard
Emir,

I was wondering if you know of a J1.5 component/plugin that will create a google sitemap with the SEF ADVANCE urls, I have found one that creates a perfect sitemap but it links to the non SEF versions, is there an easy way to call SEF ADVANCE to translate the urls into pretty ones ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2283 by Saka
Which XML component did you test? I would like to install and try.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago #2291 by jgarrard
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...k_id,1584/Itemid,35/

Probably really easy to modify, but I'm not all that great at php.

16 years 6 months ago #2294 by Bettega
This component you're using does not seems ok, by the comments. I've been using Joomap ( extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...nk_id,202/Itemid,35/ ) with good results.

16 years 6 months ago #2295 by jgarrard
That refuses to install on my 1.5 install ?!

16 years 6 months ago #2302 by shackbase
although not a Joomla component - this is by far THE best xml sitemap generator I have ever tested.

www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html

Best of all, updates are free and you can use it on any and all of your own domains and it is cheap $20.  They have an affiliate program but to show my unbiased oppinion the above link is a straight link to purchase it.

sample of xml sitemap from JoomlaViews.com: www.joomlaviews.com/sitemap.xml

As you can see, all links are sef advanced, as it actually crawls and it pings Google, LIVE and Yahoo when done and it can run in the background and I am 99% certain you can even cron it, don't see any reason why not and it is not a resource hog either, and should it drain your server, you can set it to wait every x seconds/minutes/pages.

--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch