Sitemaps

16 years 6 months ago #2303 by netfly

although not a Joomla component - this is by far THE best xml sitemap generator I have ever tested.

www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html

Best of all, updates are free and you can use it on any and all of your own domains and it is cheap $20.  They have an affiliate program but to show my unbiased oppinion the above link is a straight link to purchase it.

sample of xml sitemap from JoomlaViews.com: www.joomlaviews.com/sitemap.xml

As you can see, all links are sef advanced, as it actually crawls and it pings Google, LIVE and Yahoo when done and it can run in the background and I am 99% certain you can even cron it, don't see any reason why not and it is not a resource hog either, and should it drain your server, you can set it to wait every x seconds/minutes/pages.

--Tone

Yes, I'm using it in all my websites with Sef advance (some of them are large with more than 15,000 pages). I'm using cron to generate automatically a new sitemap.xml everyday. This script ping automatically the more important Search Engines. You can install in less than 5 minutes.
One of the best investment I did. Works very well. In one word "Amazing"!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2304 by shackbase
excellent - 15k pages running smoothly - that says a lot!

Impressive, good for you!

--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch