404 Bug

16 years 6 months ago #2298 by jgarrard
With the standard installation and SEF Advance, I just can not get the 404 error page to work, with SEF off it works fine and redirects me to a page, when its turned on it just redirects to the homepage, and I cant seem to turn that setting off, I don't want it to go to the homepage, I want it to go to a custom file, I changed the 404 redirect settings in sef advance and they have no effect.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2313 by jgarrard
Anyone having this problem, and / or found a solution ??

16 years 6 months ago #2314 by Saka
What did you put exactly in Custom 404 page?
Have you read the documentation (help pages)?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago #2315 by jgarrard
I've tried everysetting and no matter what custom 404 is set to, it still just forwards me to the homepage.

16 years 6 months ago #2316 by Saka
I will repeat the question: What did you put exactly in Custom 404 page?

You can't expect any help if you are not saying exactly what you are doing. Just saying "I tried everything and it doesn't work" will only help your question be ignored.

Custom 404 work just as it should if you follow the documentation which I hope you read.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago #2318 by jgarrard
I had this option ticked, and on unticking it, it seems to work fine now :

Redirect built-in SEF URLs

In the Custom 404, I have an article called 404 selected, that is in uncategorised content.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch