Please component issues

16 years 6 months ago #2328 by lupe123
ok we agree that you can not deal with 3rd party components.

However for the amount of money we are paying we at least need to get some things answered.

I only have 2.

1. How do you upload and use a pluggin that you have directed us to on the main page that is meant for another sef pluggin//.  I know the other sef pluggins have upload pluggin sections but your doesn't. so how do we implement a pluggin for a third party pluggin with no documentation on how to. I have a few but don't tell me to just load it in the component as some like azrul my blog do not work.

2. How do you make sure that you only get the url and no section and no category. This is a simple thing with free pluggins and very important for seo too.

3. there must be better documentation on how to use 3rd party components with my own urls. Somehow they too do not work when I use your method. for example if I have fireboard, syret( which is paid), ijoomla etc, what is the method to list it in the components file.

These are very simple things but can cost me the 5 hrs I have spent trying to figure them out. I am sure the old developers here can solve these problems easily but some like us who just started implementing the component might be spending too much time on this.

Please do not ignore this post .I am only asking for simple things whose answers I know you know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #2329 by Saka
1) There is documentation how to use SEF Advance extensions on the extension page:
www.sakic.net/products/sef_advance/extensions/

An extension file called sef_ext.php should be created and placed in the component's main directory.

Maybe it's not clear enough?

2) You use static content.

3) It is not simple to write own 3rd party SEF extension for a complex component. PHP programming experience is required and you need to be familiar with the way particular component is programmed. Thus, the component author is most suitable for writing the extension.

If you would want to try yourself please read: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#27
The example file will give most of the information you need. Unfortunatelly I can't help you writing extensions for 3rd party components within regular support.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch