Performance Issue

16 years 6 months ago #2347 by glennt
Hi,
I am using SEF Advance 5.6.0. -Joomla 1.1.12. -Jreviews1.2.10. I am on a dedicated server.

If I install SEF advance - enable it. My server goes into a spin and crashes the mysql database. Loads of queries being done to the mysql. Site crashes eventally.

IF I Exclude Jreviews - my site stays up. The problem is poor site performance.
When you click a link it takes about 5 seconds to react then it generates most of the page then takes another 5 seconds to finish off the page. The performance indicator on IE and Firefox confirm the action.

I have tried various setting including the cache- no better performance increase.

I installed Open SEF(NU SEF) - fast-instant response like a static html site. Problem - minor unsupported bugs. Some menu issues.

I have had SEF advance on my site for over a year now. Come to think of it - there has always been a delay in response...

I above Crash happened when I upgraded from Jreviews 1.2.06 and SEF advance 4. something. to both latest versions.

Any similar issues.

Regards
Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #2349 by Saka
SEF Advance is known by its excellent performance, especially when compared with other, DB based SEF solutions. I never get any reports of performance problems, if you search this forum you will not find any. So I can only guess something is wrong with your database and would suggest to try on another server/host. I cannot give any guarantees for 3rd party solutions like JReviews of course, but I can guarantee that SEF Advance performs with minimal overhead, which lot of clients can confirm.

I am happy to take a look on your particular installation to find out why that happens but then I need full access to your site, including admin password, FTP access and phpMyAdmin.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago - 16 years 6 months ago #2359 by glennt
Hi,
I have emailed you the login details.

I thought about it - you mentioned table issues. So I did a clean install- removed the old tables and all old sef files.

I did the install of 5.6.0 .
I set it up and told it to ignore Jreiews. It was fast and instantly responsive. I then tootk the chance and set Jreviews to be included. For a number of hours it worked like a charm.
After about six hours it strted to grind down.

So this morning I went to check and it had almost come to a standstill.

I managed to disable SEF Advance. The site came back up instantly. The Top menu items to jreviews stopped working (On Main Menu), kept getting You are not Authorised....I did a clean install again. This time I exluded Jreviews. So Far it is up and fast and menu items working again.( MODIFICATION - update - it has completely slowed down adain even with Jreviews excluded- disabled SEF ADV)

What I don't understand is why it worked in the beginning of a clean install and then grind down over time??? ???

So I have it set up with Jreviews excluded. If Needs be I can live with this.

Thanks
Glenn

16 years 6 months ago #2362 by glennt
Hi,
I had to disable it. It Ground to a halt over an few hours??
Even with Jreviews disabled it grinds to a halt over a few hours. Clean Install.

I am just worried because over the last year I have over 78000 SEF links in Google. With is being out of action I see today I have lost 10000 links!!!!

Please can you help urgently.
Have emailed you the login details.

Regards
Glenn

16 years 6 months ago #2400 by glennt
A big Thank you to Emir ;D.

Thanks to him - he nailed the problem.

Superb support.
It was spammers trying to access Track Back features that were accidently left open by a web installer.

Everytime we enabled SEF urls - they hit us. Their dos attack was based on our listed SEF url's in google.
We have blocked them at Firewall level.

Lesson - do not have Trackback on your site.
It had nothing to do with SEF ADvance.

Thanks Emir

Glenn

16 years 6 months ago #2402 by Saka
Good to know. A DOS attack was my guess, nice it turned to be correct.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch