Unable to find the .htaccess-file

16 years 6 months ago #2380 by GGF
.htaccess on HDD You can see only like icon but file with name htaccess.txt  You can after unzip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2381 by N!cklas
I'm sorry but you're wrong - at least when it comes to my computer...  ;)
I did try to search thru all files that was in the ZIP after I unzipped it to the HDD without luck...
Earlier I also tried searching for any file named htaccess in the folder but the search failed...

I just cant understand why I'm unable to find the file no matter it's named .htaccess or htaccess.txt, but now I got the file and I'm a happy man  ;D

/N!cklas

16 years 6 months ago #2383 by GGF
You right I try to take Advance 2008 and dont find sample .htaccess. But any joomla install package hawe htaccess.txt  just need coment and uncoment some lines and ready!

16 years 6 months ago #2384 by GGF
UPS! Advance 2008  for Joomla 1.5 only

16 years 6 months ago #2385 by Saka
Neither .htaccess or htaccess.txt are included in SEF Advance 2008 package because you don't need it for installation, the .htaccess file that comes with Joomla! will work.

The installation instructions are written in documentation (readme.txt) inside the package:

Installation

Make sure you are using Joomla! 1.5 and follow these steps:
  1) Make sure you have built-in SEF enabled and functional, with htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess
  2) Install SEF Advance by uploading the SEF Advance zip file to admin Extension Installer
     (Extensions > Install/Uninstall)

There you can see that there is no need to replace .htaccess file. This is only needed for SEF Advance for Joomla! 1.0 / Mambo.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 6 months ago #2389 by N!cklas
That explains why I cannot find it :) 

I never looked at ReadMe, just the documentation and FAQ here on sakic.net which lead me to believe there should be such a file...

/N!cklas

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch