Remove "Hyphen" from my URL's

16 years 6 months ago #2410 by jazz
Hi,

I have been using SEF Advance for quite a while now and never have had any major problems, but suddelny after upgrading to the SEF Advance latest version on joomla 1.0.15 now my home Title's have started appearing with a prevaling "-" a hyphen which i cannot seem to get rid of.

Could some please help me to get rid of this ? www. techitez . com.au

Kind Regards,
Jazz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #2421 by BillyS
That's not a SEF Advance problem, it's a Joomla 1.0.15 fix.  I used to hack my joomla.php file to get my title as "Page Name" instead of "Sitename - Page Name."

There was a bug in prior versions and this was finally fixed in 1.0.15.

Some folks like Sitename - Page Name while others wanted Page Name - Sitename.  Personally, I only wanted Page Name.

It's hard to say exactly why the Sitename is blank in your example because there are so many SEO type add ons that you could be using.

16 years 6 months ago #2422 by BillyS
Okay, that response fell a bit short.  Again, I'm not sure if this will work in your case...

1. Keep the original joomla.php file around - just in case this doesn't do what you want.
2. Change the following:
$this->_head['title'] = $title ? $GLOBALS['mosConfig_sitename'] . ' - '. $title : $GLOBALS['mosConfig_sitename'];

to:

$this->_head['title'] = $title ? $title : $GLOBALS['mosConfig_sitename'];

3. Upload your new joomla.php

4. Test, test, test

5. Revert back to your original joomla.php file if this doesn't work (remember, you have a backup).

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch