Consider Before Purchasing

16 years 5 months ago #2600 by masyomo
I've had SEF Advance installed on our site for a long time. It was very easy to set up and worked perfectly so I had no complaints at all  ;D

Then late last night I went to our site to discover this message:

Error!

The installed copy of SEF Advance is not licensed for [SITE]
Please notify the site admin to purchase a valid license of SEF Advance for this site at www.sakic.net

I had made no changes to the site (and haven't done for some time). So I sent off an email to ask for advice about why this error suddenly occurred. I also searched the FAQ and the forum on here but found nothing that helped.

I also contacted our host but he couldn't see anything that would have resulted in problems.

What our host did do though is reply very quickly. He always does.

What I didn't get and still haven't is a reply from SEF Advance.

So not wanting a non working site and worse still a message on our site accusing of us being thieves, despite having happily paid to use this component, I had to uninstall. I tried a reinstall but even with the component disabled the error/thief message showed.

Having uninstalled the component of course all our links are broken. Not just within the site but on our blog (on a separate domain). So in desperation I've had to turn to an alternative SEF component. And to my surprise the free component I'm now using seems to be at least as good, if not better! Its taken an hour of fiddling about but thats quicker than waiting for a response about why SEF Advance isn't working.

Now I'm sure that somehow despite having done nothing, this will have still been my fault. But what I would advise to anyone thinking of purchasing SEF Advance is that you do take the risk that if something like this does go wrong you can't do anything about that message appearing on your site (and certainly not the image we want!). If you choose to use the free alternative you're not going to get that message because theres no need for it!

Maybe there are very good reasons to choose SEF Advance over the alternative but so far I can't see what they would be. I have no problem at all paying for good components and SEF Advance was a good component for our site. It would have made all the difference to have some sort of reply to my email - even if it didn't help solve the problem it would at least have given the impression of being a valued customer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #2602 by Greg
Hi,

When I got this issue (several times in the past) Emir always add the domain that cause the problem to my license.
And I use Sef Advance by almost 3 years now because I've "Choose the best"

But today I'm also waiting for a reply to my mails, regarding a sever issue with SefAdvance 1.1.3.

My topic is here: www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/if_sef_a..._content-t600.0.html

And no answer about Emir from 7 days now....no answers to my two mails too.

But he's posting on other threads today and this week, so I'm really disappointed now...
You can check my profile, I don't post for something that is not a really annoying thing, or not Sef Advance related, I always try by my own first.
But SefAdvance is IonCube encoded, so Emir must do something for my problems, I'm pretty sure this is not so complicate for Him.

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

16 years 5 months ago #2607 by Greg
Answer from Emir today.

Still got the trust  :)

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

16 years 5 months ago #2608 by Saka
If I missed your mail please send it again. I usually answer licensing related issues within 24 hours. It is for sure your host that changed something, it can't just stop for no reason. Install the tester file to find out.

Greg, the questions that require testing may take up to 5 days to answer and we don't work weekends. Please be patient.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 5 months ago #2609 by Greg
As above.... :)

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch