404 page on all my links

16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #2615 by fibie
Hello again,

I have the test version of sef advance installed fine now but need some help to understand how to configure things I think.

So far only the homepage links correctly. All the other menu items go to a 404 page including my admin login link.

eg I have mosets installed and sef advance seems to have added the new sef url /mtree which makes sense but when I try to link to it gives me a 404. Its not listed on the strings page though - where do I find it listed?

I tried giving mosets an alias manually but that didn't work (it is definately published) as the mosets link still shows as /mtree

i.e. in alias and meta I entered the non-sef url and gave it the name journals.

sorry if I missed this in the documentation and faq pages but I don't what I am doing wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #2616 by Saka
Replace your .htaccess with the one included in SEF Advance zip file.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 months ago #2618 by fibie
Hi , thanks so much that did the trick I now have links that work.

Still stuck at how to customise the sef friendly urls though see below - I also have some titles with brackets and want to ask how do I remove ( and ) from the sef friendly url - I tried adding these to the list of exceptions but it didn't make any difference - sorry to be dense:

eg I have mosets installed and sef advance seems to have added the new sef url /mtree which makes sense but when I try to link to it gives me a 404. Its not listed on the strings page though - where do I find it listed?

I tried giving mosets an alias manually but that didn't work (it is definately published) as the mosets link still shows as /mtree

i.e. in alias and meta I entered the non-sef url and gave it the name journals.

sorry if I missed this in the documentation and faq pages but I don't what I am doing wrong.

16 years 4 months ago #2620 by Saka
In "components with SEF extension" field under "Strings" tab in SEF Advance configuration enter: mtree=>journals
If you have more pairs make sure they are comma separated.

It is possible to except parenthesis from URL encode. Just put them in "Encode exceptions" under "Replace" tab. Make sure they are pipe separated like this: (|)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #2621 by sundiata
Hello,

I have the same problem.

In SEF Advance zip file i cannot find a .htaccess file.

Please help me it is very URGENT..... Where can i find the sef Advabce .htacess file ???

Note: I have joomla 1.5.2 installed.

16 years 4 months ago #2622 by Saka
For Joomla! 1.5 you don't need to replace the .htaccess file so it's not included. The .htaccess that come will Joomla! 1.5 will work fine (just make sure you renamed it from htaccess.txt).

.htaccess replace is only needed for SEF Advance on Joomla! 1.0.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch