SEF Advance 2008 and Joomfish combination gives Error 404

16 years 4 months ago #2653 by zoro
I used Fantastico to auto install a brandname test Joomla 1.5.2 site, then installed SEF Advance 2008 (version 1.2.2) and Joomfish 2.0beta. Each of these 2 extentions/components work ok when only 1 of them is enabled, but when both are enabled I get error "404 - Component not found" when seleting a language using Joomfish language selection.

The same error when I used these 2 extentions/components on Joomla 1.5.1.

I have tried these steps a few times with the same error.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #2659 by Saka
Joomfish support is not ready yet since Joomfish wasn't available for Joomla! 1.5 at the time SEF Advance 2008 was released. It is still in beta so you can expect full support when it reach stable.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 months ago #2672 by Discus
What would you suggest as a fix until that time? I get the same 404 error with SEF Advance turned on with the beta of joomfish 2. It's quite critical for a lot of sites out there to be able to be multilingual and still have nice URLs!

Incidentally, in my SEF Advance configuration, the Fish support option is greyed out, and I can't work out why.

16 years 4 months ago #2674 by Saka
It is intentionally greyed out until the Joomfish is stable and released. As the case was with Joomla 1.5 I will not support beta releases. Only when stable is out the support for it will be activated.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 months ago #2675 by Discus
Thanks, Emir.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch