one link not sef

16 years 3 months ago #2792 by ssustar52
I have a module with the following links
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_cebridge&view=user&layout=form">Edit Profile</a></li>
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_cebridge&view=user&layout=domain">View Packages</a></li>
<li><a href="index.php?option=com_cebridge&view=user&layout=invoices">View Invoices</a></li>

The first link does not translate to sef, but the other two look fine.  Why is that when nothing is really different between the three?
The links show up as

www.mydomain.net/test/index.php?option=c...iew=user&layout=form
www.mydomain.net/test/cebridge/user/domain
www.mydomain.net/test/cebridge/user/invoices

Thanks,
Shannon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #2793 by Saka
This is totally up to that 3rd party component and its SEF extension. Please ask for support from component's author.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 3 months ago #2794 by ssustar52
I am the author.  These links are in a module, not a component. Does a module require a sef_ext.php too?  I don't see why the sef links are different when the non-sef links are almost identical.

16 years 3 months ago - 16 years 3 months ago #2795 by Saka
Which version of Joomla do you run? If it's on Joomla 1.5 then it's because of layout=form in the first link. The built-in URLs with "layout=form" or "task=edit" in it are not SEF'ed so they skip the conversion.

The solution is to use some other variable name than "layout" or a value other than "form".

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 3 months ago #2796 by ssustar52
Thank you.  That explains it.  I appreciate your help.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch