New Features Not working

16 years 2 months ago #2984 by dkst45
Hi Emir,
I upgraded to the new version (using Joomla 1.0.15) on my site www.dinesh.com and I tried to use the 3 new settings on the SEO tab. When I go to my home page, I do not see the Read More link changing nor do my Alt tags change. The ones without an ALT tag say "Image".

I did clear the cache as well. Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks,

Dinesh
PS: For some reason, when I downloaded the upgrade using the link it did not open, gave "BAD FORMAT" error but if I emailed it, it worked fine. Winzip also could not open it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago - 16 years 2 months ago #2985 by Saka
Hi,

I see the features you are talking about working fine on your homepage (Read more... - Walmart Logo - Desig... , Alt-text altered on images, H1 tags on your titles).

Please could you check things twice before posting that things are not working. Thank you.

P.S. I downloaded the same file that you got via download link and it unzipped just fine with WinZip. I remind you that you don't have to unzip files locally at all, just upload them as components using Joomla component installer.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 months ago #2988 by dkst45
Its working now. Maybe I should have been more careful in clearing browser cache. I cleared other caches. Its working fine now.

My apologies for posting an incorrect question.

About the zip file. I know I do not have to unzip it but when I uploaded to Joomla, I got some type of UNZIP error and then I tried winzip and it said "Bad Archive". Not a big deal because the email download worked.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch