HELP : Cannot reinstall / Reinstall

16 years 2 months ago #2991 by simcfc73
Hi,

I was using SEF Advance for Joomla 1.5 happily but an upgrade to 1.5.4 (joomla) and my host going to PHP 5 has broken it.

I have managed to get the PHP working on a test directory so I know how to get it to work on php 5 but my main site won't let me get it working.

I have downloaded the latest version of SEF Advance 2008 but it won't let me install. It says 'Plugin Install: Plugin "sef_advance" Already Exists! '. When I look in the Plugins there is one listed with no author, there is no file in the plugin directory . When I try and uninstall it says 'Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found'

The SEF ADVANCE section shows in components but I there is no files in the directory so I cannot add he PHP.ini to the folders to get it working with PHP 5.

I am not clever with SQL so haven't delved into the PHPadmin console as I reckon theres something in there thats not been deleted correctly.

Please help

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #2994 by Saka
Something obviously went wrong with installation / uninstall. Send me a mail (no PM:s please) with admin password, FTP info and phpMyAdmin info and I will try to sort it out for you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3076 by Saka
Thanks. All fixed.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 weeks ago #3286 by uferrara
I've the same problem
I installed and configure joomla and sef advance component into a "joomla" subdirectory of my home dir.
When I decided to put online the new site I copied all joomla files into the home dir I realized that sef advance component didn't work.
Trying to uninstall the component I get this message: 'Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found'
When I try to install again I get Plugin Install: Plugin "sef_advance" Already Exists!

Could you help me please?

Umberto

16 years 2 weeks ago #3287 by Saka
The same applies to you: send the access info (admin password, FTP info and phpMyAdmin).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 weeks ago #3289 by uferrara
Hi, I've just solved the problem.
I've removed sef advance component (and plugin) by the control panel of "mysite/joomla/administrator" site and then I've installed it again into "mysite/administrator" site (upper level).
Thanks

Umberto

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch