Itemid issue

16 years 2 months ago #2995 by Gianni
Hi,
in my main menu there is a "Section Layout" item. SEF Advance is able to find the correct Itemid when I click on that item and also when I list the articles of one of the categories contained in that section.

But if I try to read an article of these categoties, SEF Advance lost the Itemid. How can I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #2999 by Saka

16 years 2 months ago #3001 by Gianni
Yes, but the same configuration works well with Joomla 1.0.13 and SEF 5.7.0. I'm trying to migrate to Joomla 1.5.4 (SEF 1.5.3) using the same menu configuration but it seems that SEF Advance lost the Itemid if I read an articel, starting from a "Section Layout" menu item.

Thanks.

16 years 2 months ago #3006 by Saka
Please follow the advice from FAQ, empty the trash, make sure you have no duplicates, turn on debug to see which Itemid is returned.
If you can't figure it out send a mail with the admin password and I will take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 months ago #3011 by Gianni
I'm sorry, I'm testing SEF 2008 on a local website.

To test the issue I just installed a fresh copy of Joomla 1.5.4 with sample data and SEF 1.5.4. If I click on "More about Joomla!" (Main menu), than on "The Project" category and finally on "Platforms and Open Standards" article, SEF lost the Itemid.

Please, may you reproduce the same scenario?

Thanks.

16 years 2 months ago #3014 by Saka
You are right, the bug was due to an optimization done in 1.5.0
I fixed it now, please upgrade to 1.5.5.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch