wrong urls with SEF Advance switched on

16 years 2 months ago #3003 by thecompanymerchant
Hi

I'm building our site at www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/cms and have problems when SEF Advance is active. The menu functionality works fine but in the "special features" module on the right the "read more" and the title links are just routing directly to /cms

It shouldnt be doing a 404 redirect as a 404 should come up with a 404 page not the home page. Ive tried setting all the "options" to No - i.e. redirect built in, redirect non sef, use title alias etc but that doesnt help. the only thing that works is to switch SEF Advance off completely and then everything works

With it switched off it, the top link (first time market research) goes to www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/cms/marketi...ategory/87?task=view and works ok
The title for this item is "First time market research" with the alias being "first-time-market-research-article" and none of these characters are in the  replace list so your faq relating to translations like ae  doesnt seem to apply either.

The debug info shows

Array
(
    [option] => com_content
    [view] => frontpage
    [Itemid] => 1
    [layout] => default
    [limit] => 3
)
/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

when i click on the link so I am guessing  SEFA seems to want to take me to the front page but I just need to find out why ? Ive tried to give as much info as possible here. Hope its not "too much". Thanks for any help.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #3007 by Saka
What is this module created with? Is this a 3rd party component? Turn off the SEF completely in global configurations and post a non-sef link to it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 2 months ago #3009 by thecompanymerchant
Hi

Sorry, I'm new to Joomla. It appears its a module that came with the JoomlaArt template we bought so that explains why its not necessarily working with your system, however in the SEF Advance Configurations, Components section it only lists components, not modules so I cant switch it off for that module. The only way I can switch it off is to switch off SEF Advance in its entirety for the whole site.

Tony

16 years 2 months ago #3012 by Saka
Turn off that module instead in modules section of Joomla configurations.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3018 by thecompanymerchant
Saka

Thanks for the quick reply. How do I switch off modules SEF facilities in Joomla - I cant switch the module off entirely because I need to use it, and Ive since found out that other modules that are in the system are also having similar issues so I'd just like those modules not to be SEFAdvance enabled if thats possible?

Thanks in advance

Tony

16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #3020 by Saka
Then ask the module developer to support it with SEF Advance.
I can't really support it since it's not core Joomla. I have no idea what that module does, I asked you to post the non-sef link it creates so I could at least get a hint.

SEF Advance is disabled by component, not module. The links in that module are linking to some component but I don't know which component it is. If you post the non-sef link (disable SEF completely in global config and copy the links) I would tell you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch