wrong urls with SEF Advance switched on

16 years 2 months ago #3021 by thecompanymerchant
Thanks again for the quick reply

Sorry I misunderstood your first post

Ive switched off Joomla SEF and clicked the first link and it goes to

www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk/cms/index.p...view&id=87&Itemid=89

Ive also just posted an entry to JoomlArt about it as well as someone had reported a problem in January with SEFAdvance which looks like it was fixed but I assume your recent update (which is really amazing to have to option of just having section/category/article aliases) may well have affected their system again.

Thanks again

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #3022 by Saka
If tat's the link then it should work. Send me the FTP info and superadmin password on mail and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3023 by thecompanymerchant
Saka

Just sent you a PM. Thank you. If you want to chat with me "live", go to www.thecompanymerchant.co.uk and click on the LiveHelp link in the bar at the top right

Thanks again. Tony.

16 years 1 month ago #3024 by Saka
Thanks, but please never send a PM (I will have to turn it off), when I say on mail it means an email, not PM (note to others, not just you).

Secondly, I had a look and it really looks like an issue in mod_janewslight module so they will need to help you. I tried to make a change but can't do anything with JoomlaXplorer (also note that when I ask for FTP access there is a reason for that, I need real FTP access, not JoomlaXplorer, note to others as well).

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3025 by thecompanymerchant
Hi

Sorry. I appreciate your help in looking at it. I know you cant support modules that you havent written.  I'll uninstall sef advance 14th july version and install the initial download i did on 5th july to see if that solves the problem - at least then i can identify whether its anything to do with the latest version and it means that if JA dont/cant resolve it quickly at least we'll have a working system even if it doesnt  have the latest update from yourself.  It might also give JA a chance to figure out what the difference is to be able to resolve it

Thanks again

Tony

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch