**Read THIS** No longer URL Replace thanks to Joomla 1.5

16 years 1 month ago #3036 by GabyZ
Yes! After 1 day of searching ways to replace my characters ()[] etc with the url replace function, I read more more again a thing that I already knew, Sef Advance can use the Title Alias for the url generation....

And something came then into my mind...I remembered my Joomla 1.5 installation created a title alias for every category I made and then I enabled the "Use title alias" into Sef Advance...

Now check my nice, no-database urls http://www.neohw.com

THIS IS THE BEST SEF COMPONENT made for Joomla, anyone should buy it right now and thos with Joomla 1.0x and SEF license should upgrade (as I did), it takes less than 2 minutes.

Thanks Sef Advance! You (saka) should post this everyore (extensions.joomla.org too) that your urls are now clean and nice automatically, with no URL Replace thing and manually created Title Alias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #3047 by Saka
Thanks, but this was also available in 1.0 version, if you turn off long URLs in SEF Advance configuration and remember to enter title alias for each content item. It's just little more clear in Joomla! 1.5.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3058 by GabyZ
Yes but there's a big difference, with 1.0 you anter it manually, 1.5 enter it automatically wich is a big difference for a news website.

16 years 1 month ago #3065 by Saka
You're right. Thanks for the tip.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch