compatibility solution ?

16 years 1 month ago #3043 by thecompanymerchant
Saka

Just had a thought that I'd run past you.  Given that I've had problems with JoomlArt and their modules with SEFAdvance and there are obviously other modules that other people have issues with, it dawned on me whether you can take a small step towards compatibility by seeing if the new url is effectively the home directory of the joomla site and if it is, then revert back to the original, non SEFAdvance url ?

i.e. I had a problem with JoomlaArt Newslight module where all links went back to the /cms directory where joomla is installed - no extra articles, sections etc on the end of the url. If it identifies that, can it not just reposition itself to the old url. I am guessing this is what happens with most  urls that dont work with SEFAdvance (rather than it generating a spurious url that produces a 404?). There may be technical reasons why you cant do the above but it dawned on me that this small alteration, whilst not producing a SEF Advance url would in fact still ensure that the site continued to work ?

Just a thought. Thanks for a great tool.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #3050 by Saka
Not a bad idea, but in this case it was because SEF Advance was not used at all. The core Joomla class (which is disabled) was being called from the module and that's why it fails. If it would just call sefRelToAbs() function or even only display the non-sef URL the system SEF plugin would convert it correctly.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch