Bug with SEF Advanced 2008 and Nesfeeds

16 years 1 month ago #3087 by thoeri
Hi Emir

I downloaded the trial version for J 1.5 and I noticed a bug. I have a neewsfeed menu link where the URL get completely wrong. This is how the menu link looks like: index.php?option=com_newsfeeds&view=newsfeed&id=1. This is to show a single neewsfeed.

This is how the url looks like with SEF Advanced enabled: www.mydomain.com/newsfeed/boende .  And this is how it should look like: www.mydomain.com/news . Therefor I get a 404 page. I have no idea how "boende" can get into the url at all??? That is a normal Joomla content category and has nothing to do with the neewsfeed. But I noticed that the category id of that category (boende) is 1. And if you look again in the menu link fore the neewsfeed above you see that the id there is also 1. So, somehow SEF advanced are mixing up the catgory id of a normal joomla content category with the category id of the newsfeed.

I really hope that this bug can be solved quickly since I am about to go live with this customers site within a few days.

Best regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #3090 by Saka
All categories in Joomla 1.5 database are in the same table with unique IDs, so it's not possible that newsfeed category has the same ID as the content category.

So it must be something wrong with your non-sef newsfeed link, it should not be generated. Either you entered it as URL or you maybe migrated from Joomla 1.0 and migration left the wrong newsfeed link.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3091 by thoeri
Hi Emir

This is a fresh 1.5 installation. No migrations. The menu link is created the normal way, by choosing Internal link and Newsfeeds and Single feed layout. Then I choose the feed in the Basic Parametres. It works fine without SEF Advanced enabled.
This is how the non-sef links looks like: index.php?option=com_newsfeeds&view=newsfeed&id=1

And with SEF Advanced enabled I get the ending /boende in the URL. And that is a normal joomla content category and does not appear anywhere else on my installation.

Regards,
Thoeri

16 years 1 month ago #3094 by Saka
Thanks. I have fixed this and the update will be available shortly. I have some problems with ionCube encoder and their support which delays the release but it should be solved within a day or two.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3095 by thoeri
Hi Emir

Great. I will but the new version as soon as it is released. I think I found another bug also. On some pages the print function gives a 404 error. It seams to be depended on what characters used in the title of the item (I had a title with the characters , and /) and it looks like the problem only occurs in IE. I will test this further and get back to you as soon as possible. Maybe you can fix that also and include a fix in the next release.

Best regards,
Thoeri

16 years 1 month ago #3103 by Saka
1.5.7 now released.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch