Issues with links to 3rd part components

16 years 1 month ago #3105 by thoeri
Hi again Emir

I experience a lot of weird issues with SEF Advanced and some 3rd part components. I have major problems with Eventlist and Phoca Gallery.

When hovering the menu link for Eventlist I see this URL in the bottom left corner of my browser:
www.mydomain.com/activities/calendar/eventlist but when clicking the link the part www.mydomain.com is lost in the URL and I end up on a 404-page. I have the exact same problem with Phoca Gallery. Without SEF Advanced enabled the links work perfectly.

I also have an normal joomla content item called Boendeservice with this url from the menu:
www.mydomain.com/boende/boendeservice/ . I used Custom component string to replace mtree=>boende.  This made the link mentioned above to stop working. When clicking the link for Boendeservice I ended up on the index page of Mostes tree insted of the content item. So I guess the two boende confused SEF Advanced. This I solved by changing string replacement to mtree=>boende-lista. Maybe that is normal behavior, I do not know. I though I ley you know anyway.

Bit the problem with Eventlist and Phoca Gallery cannot be normal behaviour. I use Joomla 1.5.5 and the trial version of SEF Advaced downloaded 3 or 4 days ago.

Regards,
Thoeri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago - 16 years 1 month ago #3111 by Saka
Hi,

The second issue is normal, you can't have a section with the same name as component replacement.

About the first issue with components, please send a mail with the URLs so I can see it in action, I don't quite understand the problem.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3112 by thoeri
Hi Emir

No, it is not easy to explain... I will PM you all the details to log in.

Cheers,
Thomas

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch