Sections home not redirected

16 years 1 month ago #3141 by GabyZ
Hi,

I found that urls for the sections (blog style) like /downloads/ for example are still working even if I've chosen to have the .html suffix so on my site they appear in the right way.

Google indexed the /downloads/ url and on my site I'm using downloads.html, not the /downloads/ way so I'm basically having duplicated content.

So the situation is:
www.neohw.com/downloads/ indexed
www.neohw.com/downloads.html indexed too
www.neohw.com/downloads/13.html regular pages

I want the first url to be redirected to the second with should be the main section page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #3143 by Saka
You can't get duplicate content if you don't link to the first URL. Google should not be able to find the first URL randomly.

Usually the URLs without extension work as well but, as said, that should not be a problem unless you link to both versions, or unless you had URLs without extensions in past so Google had indexed them already. In that case you could setup a custom redirect in .htaccess for URLs without extensions to redirect to those with extensions. Will see if I can integrate it in SEF Advance in some of the next versions.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3149 by GabyZ
I don't link both but it was indexend when I was working on the website probably.

If i redirect /downloads/ to downloads.html then /downloads/23/ wich is the second downloads home will be redirected too....that's the problem.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch