Frontpage Component

16 years 1 month ago #3150 by surferchick
Hi there
SEF Advanced is a great product!! Thanks so much for creating a great component, Well Done!!
The only thing i failed to be able to do was change the Meta Title, Description and Keywords for the frontpage (homepage) which is using the Frontpage component.
Im on Joomla 1.0.12 and SEF Advanced 5.5.6
If anyone can shed some light that would be great..
Surferchick!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #4823 by peterkay
Yes, I have this same problem too. Please advise.

I tried creating aliases for index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1 but that still didn't work.

The only way I can do it is via global configuration but that's too harsh and applies to any page that lacks meta data.

15 years 1 month ago #4824 by Saka
The frontpage can have many different URLs in Joomla. It's hard to cover them all with alias. It's best to use global configuration for frontpage and then define different metadata for different pages.

I will have a look if it's possible to solve with SEF Advance but you should really use global metadata for frontpage.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 3 weeks ago #4889 by peterkay
Thanks. The problem w/ setting global metadata is that its content is replicated on every single page of your site that's "blank".  Now while I definitely don't want any blank pages with metatags, many modules create dynamic pages which in and of themselves don't have metacontent.

the result is that a given site can have hundreds of duplicate metatags as a result which goes against its SEO.

Thanks for whatever you can do.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch