Modules not showing up....

16 years 1 month ago #3167 by alivemedia
Hi, I have Advanced SEF on and now, and created a simple custom html module that has an image with a little verbage and text.  If I set the module to publish on ALL pages, it shows up.  I need it to show up on a certain number of pages so when I choose which menu items I want them to show up on, they don't appear now.  Any help?

Thanks,
aj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #3171 by Saka
It's Itemid isuue, please read the FAQ:
www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 1 month ago #3175 by alivemedia
right, I read that but it didn't help me much.  Here's what I did and perhaps you can point me in the right direction.  In my main menu I created links to external url simply because instead of linking to items with ID's I wanted to link to the categories in my store.  I linked to the new SEF url after having replaced "virtuemart" with "store".  So for example, for some of my menu links I put:
www.mydomain.com/store/categoryname.html

If you guys have an idea on how to make this work, that would be great.

Thanks,
aj

16 years 1 month ago #3176 by alivemedia
okay, making progress.  I created a link in my "other" menu to the Virtuemart component, and then published the module to that menu item.  It showed up on the store on all categories so that is a start.  Any way to publish it on just one category?

Thanks,
AJ

16 years 1 month ago #3179 by Saka
Modules are always tied to Itemid's, never to anything else. If all your categories have same Itemid then you can't separate the module to different categories.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3728 by PHI
Spent some time on this.  We have tons of alias and 301 redirects and couldn't get the modules back.  Go to your menu and look up the id for the menu item of the page that you aren't getting the module for.  Go to the alias or link and make sure that itemid is set to the id number of the the menu item.

Hope that saves someone some time.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch