Upgrade to SEF Advanced 2008

15 years 11 months ago #3375 by mrmckeen
I am currently using the old product on my site.  I have over 1700 articles and it is indexed with sec,cat,article,uniqueID (date) using SEF Advanced.

When I migrate to 1.5.x I want to use the new SEF Advanced product but I need my article links to remain the same.  As long as the migration works correctly and the sections, categories and articles all move correctly, when I install SEF Advanced 2008 will everything still look the same to the search engines?

Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #3379 by Saka
Most of it will remain the same, especially the article URLs should remain the same if everything is done correctly. There are some changes in how blogs are handled etc.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 11 months ago #3381 by mrmckeen
Thanks for the quick response.  Since this is a migration I see that you offer a discount.  Since I need to test will both the old version and the new version work ( they will both be registered to the same domain of course).  I am using localhost as a development site.

15 years 11 months ago #3384 by Saka
Please send license question to mail.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch