SEF Adv 2008 breaks breadcrumbs

15 years 10 months ago #3502 by shackbase
www.joomlaviews.com/dev/news/joomla-news/test2.html

SEF Advanced 2008 breaks breadcrumbs (it just shows HOME - nothing else) but if I turn off SEF Advanced it all comes back.  I am running 1.5.8.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #3508 by Saka
It's probably the Itemid issue: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 10 months ago #3514 by shackbase
so I would need to create a dummy menu for each article with the menu id in the url and then add a link to this dummy menu for every new article posted?

--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

15 years 10 months ago #3517 by Saka
No, no. Only for the section or category they are in.
Turn on debugging to see which Itemid, if any, is returned.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 10 months ago #3518 by shackbase
I have menus with the correct it in them (the main menu) - the menus light up and the bread crumb works when SEF Adv is not enabled, as soon as I enable it breaks.

--Tone

ps: I just sent you an email re: redirects not saving - could you please look at this at the same time?  Thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch