SEF Advance has stopped working! [Solved]

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #3528 by mortenz
SEF Advance has stopped working!
URLs are now displayed only as build in SEF. SEF Advanced seems ok from the backend, but is simply not doing anything.
www.motion-online.dk

I have:
re-oploaded Joomla 1.5.8 files (full package)
Un-stalled and re-istalled latest SEF Advance
Re-startet Apache
Ran sef_advance_tester.php which was ok

I'm not sure when the problem startet, but I discovered problems after installing the component Jomsocial (which is now un-installed)

Lately I have been turning FTP layer on and off a few times. Don't know if problem could be related to that.

Willing to pay for urgent help, if that is possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #3529 by mortenz
Ok - solved

When I first re-installed SEF advanced i didn't specifically uninstalled the SEF Advanced plugin. This time I re-installed both and that worked.

I still don't know what caused the problem, but it looked like it was the installation of Jomsocial. Maybe it could be something with the order in which the plugins are loaded. I will try and re-install Jomsocial and see if the problem comes back.

15 years 8 months ago #3620 by Saka
There is a bug in Joomla! 1.5.8 which makes that the uninstall file of a component is not run when uninstalling. So on 1.5.8 SEF Advance plugin won't be automatically uninstalled when you uninstall the component. Therefore, if you run Joomla! 1.5.8, make sure that you specifically uninstall SEF Advance plugin manually as well before attempting to install SEF Advance 2008 again.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch