MyBlog in Joomla 1.5 Extension not working

15 years 9 months ago #3576 by mywiseguys
First I want to thank the efforts that have been put forward for SEF Advance 2008.  I really enjoy the product and believe it produces more traffic to my site with easy to read URL's.

I just purchased and installed the new SEF Advance 2008 for my Joomla 1.5.8 site.  Everything works great but two items...
1.) MyBlog which comes with an sef_ext.php (issue is I am unable to open any of the Blogs)
2.) RSGallery2 which currently doesn't have an extension but that is not an issue just a bother.

I have read about other people will issues with MyBlog and so I am trying to find the correct sef_ext.php to install.  I believe the one that is installed is for Joomla 1.0.x and not 1.5 as Azrul's site only has an extension for Joomla 1.0 for SEF_Advance.

Does anyone have a MyBlog extension for Joomla 1.5.8 for SEF_Advance_2008???  Pretty Please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #3577 by mywiseguys
I just renamed sef_ext.php to sef_ext.php.old and I was able to access myblog articles once again but now myblog dashboard isn't working so I am no longer able to write blog articles.

Will submit a ticket at Azrul for myblog but they aren't nearly as quick with there support as sakic is.

15 years 9 months ago #3580 by Saka
Best to contact Azrul as it's always best for component author to develop and maintain SEF extension. And as this is a commercial component it is in their best interest.

As for RSGallery2, I got few inquiries about it and will be looking in developing an extension myself soon.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 9 months ago #3596 by mywiseguys
Making headway with MyBlog and SEF Advance 2008.  I have been provided an extension from Azrul for MyBlog to work with SEF Advance 2008 (awesome support at Azrul).

It is still in development but I'll attach it here because it works very well so far but one issue I have which Azrul is working on which involves the search results

15 years 9 months ago #3602 by Saka
This is great news, thank you!

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3614 by mrmckeen

Making headway with MyBlog and SEF Advance 2008.  I have been provided an extension from Azrul for MyBlog to work with SEF Advance 2008 (awesome support at Azrul).

It is still in development but I'll attach it here because it works very well so far but one issue I have which Azrul is working on which involves the search results

Did you get the dashboard (edit) to work?  I can't seem to get it to display.  It pops up the window but displays the same page (the dashboard) in the window and not the editor.  Azrul has sent me the same file and says it's working fine on his site and if it's working fine for you I must have something else wrong.  Thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch