Sef broken - image links are broken

15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #3590 by simcfc73
Hi,

When I enable SEF all the image links seem to be broken. When I look at the code it seems to be fine with the correct path to the images but I am getting red crosses in all browsers.

I have disabled the components but still nothing seems to work.

Is it right that the system plugin is v 1.0 ? The component is saying 1.7.2

You solved my problem before by loggin onto my site.  www.sakic.net/forum/sef_advance/help_can...html;msg3045#msg3045

Can you advice please

Simon

PS. I solved it on my localhost by enabling the htaccess setting in joomla. This doesn't work in the production site. When I look at an image box and look at the address URL it shows the catagories and sections in the URL. it only seems to affect content pages.. images in modiles seem fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #3603 by simcfc73
*bump*

Anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

15 years 9 months ago #3607 by Saka
Are the relative addresses used in images? Have a look in your page source and find if the base href tag is present in the header.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3615 by simcfc73
Thanks for the reply.

Slightly confused by your question. When i look in the source I get..

<base href=" www.fulneckschool.co.uk/fulneck-school/j...ol/junior-education/ " />

When I look in the source for the image not being displayed I get the correct tag.

src="images/stories/junior/junior_home.jpg"

When I right click on the image in the browser it looks like its adding the base href to the image path.

Can you tell me how I sort this please, it doesn;t seem to affect it when SEF is disabled  ???

15 years 8 months ago #3616 by Saka
Everything seems in order. SEF Advance is turned off on your site now so I can't see the error. So send me a mail with the access info so I can check it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch