Wrong title for newsfeed... and a newsfeed URL question

15 years 8 months ago #3621 by sashen
2 things:

1) I installed SEFAdvance at www.newestcoolest.com ... when I click on the link in the nav menu for Roomba Vacuum or Nintendo Wii... and go to those pages... the title says Sony Playstation.

When I set up a newsfeed category, Sony Playstation was the first category I set up. I've even DELETED it since, but somehow it's still showing up as the title for EVERY newsfeed page I create.

FWIW, I tested SH404 and it did not give me this problem, but worked perfectly, inserting the Newsfeed Name into the title.

2) The URL to the newsfeed pages has this structure: newestcoolest.com/newsfeeds/view/NEWSFEED_NAME/   ... I'd like to get rid of "newsfeeds/view/"

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3622 by Saka
It's Itemid problem: www.sakic.net/support/faq/sef_advance/#19
Besides deleting also empty your trash.

You can't get rid of newsfeeds/view because http://domain/name/ format is reserved for sections or static content, but you can change "newsfeeds" to something else. And, of course, you can use manual alias which will also allow you to enter custom title.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3623 by sashen
I changed "newsfeeds" to something more appropriate (and wish I could get rid of "view" without having to do something manually for each link).

I emptied the trash.

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I read that FAQ entry you pointed to and I have NO IDEA what I'm supposed to do to fix the problem of "Sony Playstation" showing up as the title to each newsfeed link (and have no idea where it's even being read from since I don't even have a category of that name any more).

15 years 8 months ago #3625 by Saka
Have you emptied both content trash and menu trash?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3626 by sashen
I emptied both trash sections.

And I'm stumped. It now says Nintendo Wii Console in the title of each of the feed pages.

FWIW, I have a different Newsfeed Category for each Feed, and the menu link is to the feed.

15 years 8 months ago #3638 by sashen
I'm hoping I can get some instructions to fix this problem so I can give you money for the component! ;-)

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch