I am getting this error when I upgrade

15 years 8 months ago #3646 by pkonstan
JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/home/casweb1/public_html/plugins/system/sef_advance.php'. Please initially check whether:
• the Extension is already installed
• the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
• there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
• there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt

The new version does install

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #3648 by Saka
When reinstalling uninstall the SEF Advance plugin manually! There is a bug in Joomla 1.5.8 which makes that uninstall component function is not called so the plugin is not automatically uninstalled, it needs to be done manually due to this Joomla bug.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3650 by pkonstan
Can you please tell me what files to uninstall and where are they located. I am still getting plugin is installed error but i have deleted it. Thanks

15 years 8 months ago #3652 by Saka
When uninstalling on J! 1.5.8 uninstall the SEF Advance 2008 component, then go to plugins and locate SEF Advance system plugin, uninstall it. Then make sure directories components/com_sef/ and administrator/components/com_sef/ are deleted, if not delete them with FTP.

Then install the fresh component.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3654 by pkonstan
New error - Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found

15 years 8 months ago #3655 by Saka
You messed up with install / uninstall and it's partially because of this bug in Joomla 1.5.8. Send the access info (admin password and FTP) on mail and I will help you with installation. Do not post more on forum, this is specific issue.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch