urls stop working

15 years 8 months ago #3669 by 3lad3
Hi, I keep getting an annoying problem which i can't work out why it's happening.

SEF Advance is working fine, then if for example the page that it is being redirected to is not available for a brief moment (such as when I am uploading a new version), I am redirected to the home page.  This is fine because I don't have a custom 404 specified.
But if I get redirected to the home page, I can never use that SEF url again.  It is like it is caching somewhere that this page isnt available, so don't bother ever trying again.
How can I fix this when it happens??

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #3670 by Saka
It's maybe just cached in your browser? Empty your cache or try another browser.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3671 by 3lad3
unfortunately it's not that simple (i've tried other browsers (and computers)).  Here's a link to the url in question - www.4x4earth.com.au/tracklist

It's not the first time this has happened... it's happened quite a bit, and i've had to create a new alias's, but that's not really an option this time.
I've duplicated the alias as, www.4x4earth.com.au/tracklisttest so users can still get to the page until this is fixed, but I need to know why sef advance does this... ?

thanks
Gavan

15 years 8 months ago #3679 by 3lad3
Any ideas?  I've had this happen on two different sites I run.

15 years 8 months ago #3680 by Saka
Do you use caching in SEF Advance?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3683 by 3lad3
No, I haven't enabled that.

cheers,
Gav

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch