SEFAdvance breaks contact email sending functionality

15 years 8 months ago #3684 by vernonr
Using Joomla 1.5.8, the Core SEF turned on and SEFAdvance turned OFF ( using mod-rewrite with Apache 2.2 ) the standard contact email sending functionality works. CASE 1

With the same configuration and SEFAdvance turned ON the standard contact email sending functionality doesn't work. CASE 2

Having viewed the source HTML ( saved and doing a text comparison ) the key difference appears to be that the SEFAdvance changes the action= path applied to the contact sending form.

i.e. for Case 1 :
in a page called contact-us.html I get
<form action="/contact-us.html" class="form-validate" method="post" name="emailForm" id="emailForm">

i.e. for Case 2 :
in a page called contact.html I get
<form action="/index.php" class="form-validate" method="post" name="emailForm" id="emailForm">

This is a real pity - and a bug that needs to be fixed... otherwise it's a great product...that works and rids us of the numbers in URLs we don't want .

:(

Vernon Riley

Founder of KKSmarts - making your website work harder for your business www.kksmarts.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #3686 by Saka
Hi,

You're right, the bug was introduced in latest version. It's fixed, please upgrade to v1.8.1.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch