found bug and support question

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3688 by shackbase
Hi Emir,

When selecting to display ALL (redirects or alias') it does not display anything, however 100 or less it will display (previous and 1.8.1).

Also - is there a negative impact on having a large set of 301's and/or alias' as far as server load/page speed?

and... is there anyway to add a function when uninstalling SEF Advanced 2008 (to update) that asks if you would like to save SEF ad. backup data or simply NOT remove them when uninstalling? :/

Thanks,
--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #3690 by Greg

When selecting to display ALL (redirects or alias') it does not display anything, however 100 or less it will display (previous and 1.8.1).

Got the same (v1.8.1)

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

15 years 8 months ago #3691 by Saka
Hi,

- I noticed that too, will have a look.

- They will all need to be loaded to memory on each request but shouldn't have much impact. Depends on how many you mean by large and how much RAM you have at your disposal. But it shouldn't be noticeable.

- Actually not due to how Joomla installer works. It doesn't offer such option. I can either leave the tables or delete them on uninstall.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3692 by shackbase
May I then recommend that the data stays behind during an upgrade as to not mess things up like they did for me when i forgot to upgrade yesterday. SIGH! :)

I have about 150+ redirects from going 1.0 to 1.5 and newsportal fixes and what have you - ALL gone when I did the upgrade. oops.

I had to restore my daily backup from the morning to get the redirects back - was a mess and it was self imposed, especially since I knew that was going to happen but I spaced out.

Case in point, if there is a way to change the keep/delete data when uninstalling/upgrading - I vote for keep.

Make it a configuration option - keep or delete data when uninstalling - KEEP!  check.. :)

Thanks,
--Tone

For the latest Joomla! related news, views and reviews, check out www.joomlaviews.com .

15 years 8 months ago #3694 by Saka
It wouldn't have happened if you exported the backup file and then imported again.

I don't want to leave data in database for 2 reasons:
1) To keep things clean. I personally hate when a component leaves 20 tables in my database when I uninstall it.
2) The table structure might change in future versions. There is already support for that in backup importer. Keeping tables would complicate things, I would have to take data from database, delete tables, install new table structure, import the old data, all that during the installation.

>Make it a configuration option - keep or delete data when uninstalling - KEEP!  check..

This might be an option but the point 2) above still applies. Also it might not be possible due to a bug in Joomla 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 which do not execute custom uninstall procedure. So it might become useless with such bug.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago #3696 by Saka

Fixed this bug in 1.8.2.

I also changed the plugin installation method so it avoids this bug in Joomla 1.5.8. Now the plugin will be automatically uninstalled again when uninstalling the component. No more need for manual plugin delete.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch