Joomla 1.5 Polls not redirecting properly.

15 years 8 months ago #3709 by jduren
experienceto.com/

Poll is in the left hand column down the page. When I click either Vote or Results I get

Not Found

The requested URL /poll/jerry-springer-the-opera-is-playing-at-hart-house-theatre-until-saturday-january-31st.--will-you-check-it-out was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 Server at experienceto.com Port 80

Can't figure out why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3710 by Saka
Do you have any replacements? Do you use alias? Try editing the poll name to a shorter one, it seems like it's a problem with some characters.
Are your polls published? They are not displayed at: experienceto.com/poll/

It should be like: joomla15.sakic.net/poll/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3711 by jduren
Yeah that just started. It seems Mediatemple is having some issues with the cluster that my site is hosted on.

Te site seems to be working now. However the Poll system is still not.

15 years 8 months ago #3712 by jduren
It does seem to be an issue with the length of the poll title. I am not sure why this is the case. We had tested the poll system before starting SEF Advance and it had been working fine for the last three months on our development server.

Does SEF Advance jsut not support url strings that long?

15 years 8 months ago #3713 by jduren
WAIT. It's not the length of the string. It seems it's the period "." in the poll title. I removed the period and it works.

15 years 8 months ago #3716 by Saka
Yes, it's not the length, but some characters might cause problems.
A period should not be a problem though, just tested on my site, works ok. Maybe you have some settings that does this (you didn't answered on that question), replacements, alias etc. I couldn't tell without looking at your admin.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch