Define your own URLs???

15 years 7 months ago #3804 by rstepos
Sorry if this has already been posted but i couldnt find anything on it. Is it possible to define your own Urls? i have tried changing the title and alias for existing articles but it seems to have no change on the url. The urls that i currently have miss out a few keywords that i really need included as part of the url. If anyone can offer any advice i would appreciate it!!! ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #3805 by Saka
Yes, you add it as alias. If it doesn't work you probably haven't entered the right non-sef URL.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3808 by rstepos
thanks for getting back to me saka - im kinda new to this so sorry if im trying everyone's patience!
i've found the alias section and tried to add my own url but it wouldn't change. i have joomlas own sef urls enabled so my url is already broken down into sections and i also run joomfish.

eg. www.mydomain.com/en/hardware/wireless-order-taking.html

do i enter this full url as the original non-sef url or tim off the www.mydomain.com ?

Thanks again

15 years 7 months ago #3810 by Saka
You need to enter non-sef URL which you can see when you deactivate SEF Advance completely in global configurations. It looks like: index.php?option=com_....

If you enter SEF URL it will try to translate it but if you have Joomfish chances are that it won't get it right. So it's best to turn off SEF in global conf for a minute, copy the non-sef URL and then enter it. If you still can't get it to work send a mail with access info as this is a specific issue.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch