Page Peel conflict

15 years 7 months ago #3869 by llema
Hi,

I am using Page Peel banner on my Joomla 1.5.9 website. With SEFAdvance 2008 activated, the page peel module only loads on frontpage. On other pages the Page Peel won't show, yet if I right-click in the corner where it should be it says "Movie not loaded". This used to work fine with SEF advance on my J1.0 site. If I disable SEFAdvance 2008 Page Peel works fine.

Can someone help with this please...it is a major problem for my site!

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #3870 by Saka
It is probably due to relative linking. Make sure the peel uses absolute links (that begin with /). If it is a module SEF plugin should add absolute URLs automatically, so also make sute the SEF system plugin is active and published.

It is not SEF Advance problem in any way, you should get the same thing with Joomla built-in SEF with relative linking.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3871 by llema
How do I check if the Peel is using absolute links?

I checked the SEF plugin and it is active and published.

It works with Joomla SEF only if I have mod_rewrite on.

15 years 7 months ago #3873 by llema
???? any help???  I really need to get this working correctly please!!!

15 years 7 months ago #3874 by Saka
It wouldn't work in core-SEF either if you have several directories URL like section/category/name. It will only work in first directory URLs.

I don't know how you check, take it up with the person who made that peel, the problem is there, not in SEF Advance. I can help if you send me all the access info but it may be subject to custom fee charges.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3876 by llema
But it was working fine in J1.0 with the old SEFadvance... I have kept the same link structure as far as I can tell...

If you would like access info to check it out, please Email me. Hopefully your Emails will reach me.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch