Kunena support

15 years 1 month ago #3896 by klp29
It seems that big parts of the FireBoard community has put their love on the www.Kunena.com forum, which takes over from FireBoard.

As a 1.5 native version that lowers the database load to 10-12% of Fireboard, a LOT of fireboards will switch and it's several versions of Fireboard since Sakic's file got too old to use for SefAdvance.

I know there has been a lot of talk about how 3rd party components cannot be supported by Sakic himself, which is most understable, but from my point of view, at least the "huge" components like FireBoard, CB etc. are so wide spread and used on so many sites, that I would find it reasonable for Sakic to adapt SefAdvance for these.

Afterall, it's also in the interest of SefAdvance (as a commercial / paid component) to stay up to date and not rely on other people to make 3rd party extensions for SefAdvance - who and why would they spend time on that - they do it for free stuff like SH404sef?

So: I would kindly ask Sakic to develope and maintain a plugin for Kunena / SefAdvanced. :)

:] Have a smiley day

Kenneth Lund

Using SefAdvanced at:
www.bryllup.dk - online weddingplanning
www.kennethlund.dk - personal blog
www.soundpeople.dk - social network for producers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #3897 by Saka
Since it's native J1.5 component doesn't it have router.php for core-SEF? SEF Advance 2008 supports router.php file.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #3898 by klp29
I don't know, actually?

Never heard about that? :)

:] Have a smiley day

Kenneth Lund

Using SefAdvanced at:
www.bryllup.dk - online weddingplanning
www.kennethlund.dk - personal blog
www.soundpeople.dk - social network for producers

15 years 1 week ago #4060 by pilotjourney

There is now a Kunena extension available please let me know if it works for your installation, we just completed it and there might be some bugs in it.

15 years 4 days ago #4070 by winzor
I've tried this and looks promising. I am having some issues that I'm not sure I can describe.

I have my forum set up with two forums and each have 4 categories. One of the forums I can click on each of the categories and it works. The urls look like /forums/forum_name/category.

In the other forum it does not work when I click on the categories. The urls look like this when I hover over them, /forums/category

Both the main forums are setup exactly the same way.

Also when I click on on "New Thread" it refreashes?  The editor is not loaded.

Just a few observations.

15 years 4 days ago #4071 by pilotjourney
Hello Winzor

Thank you for the feed back on the extension.  I will have our programmer look at this right now, we also noticed the editor issue, not sure how we ever missed that.

I will have an updated extension available in less than 7 hours time from this post.

This is for Kunena 1.08 only.

Gary

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch