Suggestion

15 years 6 months ago #3984 by winzor
I wasn't asking for support.

What I made was a suggestion  to let people know what works with what, like in a table layout so we don't have to waste our time downloading unzip and read. It's not a criticism of your support.  Just a way for new customers to quickly see if it's for them. Joomla has it's own SEF functions that work rather good as well as the free component 404SEF. I thought there would be a bigger benefit in purchasing a commercial component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #3985 by Saka
I think it's very clear that 3rd components are not supported and that they should be supported by component authors. I did write extensions for some popular 3rd party components but I stated that they are provided at no extra cost, with limited support only.

I can't add all the required info on the page for each extension, there are info about Joomla version, component version, SEF Advance version. You simply need to download and read the readme.txt file. It's not that hard.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 months ago #3986 by winzor
ok whatever.

I just explained what I as a customer would like to see that would make it easier for me to decide if I wanted to purchase your product. 

I will go jump through the same hoops over at the open source ones and not pay a thing and get the same support.

15 years 6 months ago #3987 by Saka
Good luck.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 months ago #3997 by pilotjourney
winzor,

I just spent days working with a 'free' sef components because someone suggested one of them.  I have been using SEF Advance for years, in fact I own like 5-8 licenses.

This is the best one out there, period.

I just posted a question about the same SOBI2 question but it was phrased differant...I wanted to know what field the component was looking for....likely SOBI2 folks changed a field on the SEF Advanced people...and how are they supposed to know that?

It seems that the extensions here are FREE ...FREE... :)  that means we get the source and as the SOBI people complete the code, we can change the source to make it work.

The product we pay for here is supported very well.  The FREE ones are well....FREE :)

When you go look at another SEF tool that is free be sure to read all the post that say "google is capturing URL's that do not work" - then wnhat do you do?  An entire site with all that work wasted because of a free deal.  Not me, I need the money from my site.

We all need to support authors that CHARGE money for services or we all will have not have world class websites.

I will pay SEF Advanced to UPDATE the FREE component for you and me, but keep in mind that when version 2.9.2.0 comes out from the SOBI people it might not work again. :)

All the best,

Gary

15 years 6 months ago #3999 by Saka
Thanks Gary,

I am working on version 2.0 of SEF Advance 2008. When it's done I will take a look on the extensions that need to be updated.

I can only suggest that users do not update their components until they know the SEF extension will work with the new version. SOBI2 authors should have created SEF extension themselves, or at least router.php file for J1.5 core-SEF. I can hardly be blamed for them not caring about SEF. I provided a solution (at no extra cost) but one should understand it will not be updated the same day the authors make a change in their components...

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch