Problems with the Search-Result-Page

15 years 6 months ago #4003 by peterjur
Hello together

I just finished to install SEF ADvance 2008, and the setup, solving problems on my Site.
All is working very well and thanks to Emir (he was a really ggod help and did a great job) my site is online for a test now.

The only problem I have now is that if you enter a word in the Global Search..the resultpage whichs follows is out of function...that means anny ccs-Settings are not loaded and as well the Site do NOT have a SEO-friendly Adress like SEF-ADVANCE 2008 produce it:

www.erdpunkte.de/afghanistan-2008060436.html

You can see an adress like follows:

www.erdpunkte.de/search/Pyramide.html?or...est&searchphrase=all

So the Search resultpage is not included in SEF ADVAnCES 2008 function.

Is sonebody here with same problems or do somebody have a solution for this Problem?

The adress of my site is:  www.erdpunkte.de/

The searchmodul you can find above under the header-graphic at the right site.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #4006 by Saka
Hello,

This is not due to SEF Advance but because of your incorrect template.

It has CSS loaded like:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/template.css" type="text/css" />

Instead it should be:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php echo $this->baseurl ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/template.css" type="text/css" />

The way you had it would make it fail on any SEF including the core-SEF. So your template designer is to blame in this case.

I corrected it on your site now and you will notice the difference.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch