SOBI2 SEF Issues

15 years 6 months ago #4050 by leegrah
Hi Emir - there is another issue with Sobi2 regarding renewals. Basically if you enable renewals for entries, which is a really handy feature, SEF Advance doesn't work with the renewals links.

When an entry is due for renewal a link appears under their entry to enable them to renew. However the link just redirects to the homepage with the message " You are not authorized to view this resource"

Is there any way this can be fixed as the renewals feature is required to help cut out dead links on a directory.

Thanks.

You did actually fix this for me before but that was on a joomla 1 site and I'm now using joomla 1.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #4051 by Saka
It doesn't matter which Joomla version you are using. What does matter is which SOBI2 version you have. If it's higher than the version denoted in SEF extension readme file then the disclaimer explains why.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 6 months ago #4054 by leegrah
I'm using the latest versions of everything.

Am I right in thinking that the renewals link will never work with SEFAdvance?

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #4056 by Saka
Well latest version of SOBI2 will not work. That's what I am trying to say over and over again. Read the extension readme!

The extension is ONLY for the version denoted in the readme file. No higher version of the component than that is supported until the extension is updated. And in this case it's not yet updated.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4077 by Saka
OK guys. SOBI2 extension has been updated to version 1.3. Besides working with latest SOBI2 v2.9.1, it fixes all issues listed in this thread plus more. Here is the changelog:
1.3 (25-Mar-2009)
+ Legacy mode no longer required on J1.5
+ Fixed Alpha index pagination issue
+ Fixed frontpage pagination ("letter 2" bug)
+ Fixed entries with ampersand bug
+ Fixed renewal link (even if redirect non-sef to sef turned on)

Get it from the extensions page and enjoy!

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4089 by winzor
Thank you.

I have tested and it works great.  ;D

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch