probably stupid questions ..

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #4053 by damo
hi. just purchased and installed and if the answer to my first question is as i hope i going to be proper super impressed. basically my site is new, but it is up and running so i dont see myself adding anything other than more content ... in case it is needed, the url is www.thevillablog.co.uk

1. is it really this simple? i´ve just installed and it works. have i missed something?

2. a lot of my titles use commas, colons, periods, questions marks etc - which Joomla takes out for the alias - this question is not about the component, mostly looking for advice, but would it be advisable to run with the title or the alias when creating the SEF URL´s and if i´m going with the alias, is there any extra load in doing that?

3. Re. rel=¨canonical¨, is it that simple, that I click yes in the SEO tab?

I suspect I know the answers to 1 and 3 and I gotta say, if I am right, that was quite possibly the best ever €40 I´ve spent with Joomla.

Thanks
Damian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #4055 by Saka
Hello,

1. Looking at your site SEF Advance is working fine. Yes, it was that simple.

2. There is no extra load, just do the setup in SEF Advance configuration "Use title alias".

3. Yes, if you choose that option the canonical tag will be automatically generated and added to each page header.

Thanks for nice comments!

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch