Having problems with single quote / apostrophe in URLs

15 years 5 months ago #4124 by vem
I searched the forum already hoping there was a resolution, and found a thread that seemed relevant but it appeared to be dated, and the problem was resolved with a previous version.

I'm using the SEF Advance component for the first time, after using SH404Sef previously on all other sites...so this might be due to my inexperience with it.

It seems to be exclusive to SOBI2, so I have downloaded the lasted sef_ext for SOBI that's provided here and installed it...the problem still exists.

I am using;
Joomla 1.0.X
SEF Advance 6.0.1

If there's a SOBI listing with an apostrophe in it, the URL is created with three back slashes (\\\) proceeding the apostrophe (in Firefox). When you click that URL, it just reloads the category page so you cannot view the listing.

You can view the problem at;

bassboatcenter.com/manufacturers/jackplates and see the very first listing on the page for "Bob's Machine Shop"

On internet explorer it seems the URL is being created with %5c repeated three times instead of the back slashes. Same with Safari. I realize this is probably just an encode discrepancy.

Hopefully there is something I can edit in the sef_ext file of SOBI2 that will resolve the problem...and I also understand that support for these extensions is limited, however if this is persistent I will have to use a different SEF component from now on, as SOBI is a backbone component in literally dozens of my sites. I'm hoping to use SEF Advance from now on, but we'll see...

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #4127 by Saka
It's something specific to your site, magic quotes or something because I tested SOBI2 with quotes and it works fine on my test site.
Please send the FTP info and example URLs to me by mail and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch