Alias pages with Meta Tags and Titles

15 years 5 months ago #4130 by spaima
Hi,
I dont know how to start and ask more simply.

Is there a way to customize the Alias pages (to add meta-description and Titles)?
Sef Advance does that?

I use Joomla 1.0.15 and Virtuemart 1.1.3. I need products in multiple categories, so I must use the Menu as search; but as you know, the search result pages have no Unique Title, Meta-description or unique URL.

This type of search display is useless for SEO.
I tried  to find a solution 3 months and I didnt find something useful, and now I must build my website.

Tell me, PLEASE, your component can help me ::) . Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #4131 by Saka
Yes, you can add metadata and titles to alias pages. Please check the documentation and test the free trial.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4132 by spaima
ok, thanks a lot for your answer, I will test right now.... I will let you know.

15 years 5 months ago #4140 by spaima
Hi,

I tried but

1. joomla search doesnt work (doesnt search thru Virtuemart)
2. virtuemart search gives the same url every time, so I cant customize it
3. virtuemart advance-search gives unique url, but for some reason when I use alias, doesnt work.
I mean I do a search for "marlboro" and I receive a "/index.php?keyword=marlboro&Search=Search&Itemid=1&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse" and I try to use Alias and replace with /search-marlboro/ ....
When I try to open the Alias URL it give me this error: "Error: Page Does Not Exist Given filename does not exist. Cannot find file: "shop.browse/.php"

I dont know what to do next, maybe you have time and  take a look?
Thanks a lot!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch