Last questions: 301 redirect and base URL

15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #4189 by damo
I´m almost done and maybe should have asked this earlier .. but, here it is.

I´m using this component now and love it, but I´m using it on 1.5 after coming from 1.0 and standard URL´s .. the component redirects no problem to the new URL´s because I al using the backlink plugin, but is there anyway to do a 301 somewhere?

also, i´m not using section in the backend, although it does show up when you click on the main menu item (url here: www.joomla-themes.co.uk ) but it doesn´t show up when in the actual news item. this is causing a little issue, in so much if you then delete the title from the URL you get a 404 .. because it is looking for the section, but like i siad, i´m not using section despite it showing

am i doing something so wrong?

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 5 months ago #4190 by Saka
You can setup 301 redirects in redirect section of SEF Advance 2008.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 5 months ago #4191 by damo
i am doing that manually .. just wondering if there was an automatic way

15 years 5 months ago #4192 by damo
okay .. just in case this comes up again

if you don´t do the manual redirects for the main content, as in, what the component does itself, then you don´t need to worry as the component creates a 301 for you

i´ve just checked it out here:

www.rexswain.com/httpview.html

using this url:

www.joomla-themes.co.uk/index.php?option...iew&id=449&Itemid=39

and the header comes back as:

HTTP/1.1·301·Moved·Permanently

So, while you have to do some redirects yourself, the ones the component does from whatever to friendly, they get a 301 ... which is nice and has saved me hours and hours ;)

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch