Vodes not adding but payment going through

14 years 2 months ago #5225 by squeak24
I posted this the other day, but can't find the post.

I have installed Vodes onto my joomla site, but no matter if I use Sandbox or PayPal live, I can't seem to add credits.

I know my site is talking to PayPal as I have osCommerce also installed and that is working fine.

It is not showing up in the logs, and new members are not showing on the users area in Vodes.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #5226 by Saka
I wonder where that post went too because I replied it.

If you can access the links that I posted previously and nothing can be seen in logs then I have no other answer than that PayPal can not reach your site or the URL by some reason.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 2 months ago #5227 by squeak24
I know my site a PayPal are talking to each other as osCommerce is working fine.

I have just installed Vodes on another Joomla site I am working on which is another server.  In the logs on that site I am getting

Payment status: Pending

Then in the sandbox email I get the following email

Hello Test User,

Test User just sent you money with PayPal. To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.

The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transaction Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

You shouldn't ship the item until we let you know that the payment has cleared. We'll send you an email when we complete the review or you can check the Transaction History tab of your PayPal account.

Test User is a Verified Customer

Payment Details:

Amount: $10.00 USD

Transaction ID:

You can view the details for this transaction by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking the "History" tab.

www.sandbox.paypal.com/

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Shipping Information:
Address:

Test User
1 Main St
San Jose CA,  95131 US

Address Status: Confirmed

I will contact PayPal when I get home from work to see what is going on here.

14 years 2 months ago #5229 by squeak24
OK, I have it working on sandbox, but not live now.

Do I need to have to register as a merchant as I am currently registered as a individual at the moment.

Any help is greatly received.

14 years 2 months ago #5230 by Saka
I think you need to have Premium or Business account with PayPal.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 6 months ago #5711 by r
See my previous post for the solution.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch